Green School Committee 2016/17
Nice and Clean, Keep it Green
The Green Schools committee works with Miss O’Brien and Ms. Long promoting ‘green’ initiatives. We encourage pupils, staff and parents to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible. We raise awareness about the amount of energy and water we consume and try to think of ways we can reduce the amount that is wasted at home and at school.
Fruit and vegetable waste is collected from the classrooms each day and put in the compost bin. When the compost is ready it is used in the school garden.
The school has been awarded 3 Green Flags and we hope to achieve our 4th flag during this school year.
Did you know…..
- Aluminium cans can be recycled and ready to use in just 6 weeks!
- It takes 24 trees to make 1 ton of paper
- Plastic can take up to 500 years to decompose
What can you do?
- Use both sides of a page
- Use waste paper for art and rough work
- Buy items without packaging if possible
- Use a reusable lunch box
- Recycle glass bottles and jars
- Turn off the lights when leaving the room
Please help us keep our environment a clean, healthy place to work and live in.
Recycle your paper
Compost your food
Don’t be a plastic waster
Be a cool green Dude