- planting bee-friendly plants.
- refraining where possible from using pesticides.
- offering a habitat for them – such as an insect hotel or shallow water.
Did you know?….
- Bees have been producing honey for at least 150 million years.
- Bees use their antennae to smell. They can detect nectar 2km away.
- On one flight from the hive to collect honey, a honey bee will visit
between 50 and 100 flowers.
- A bee must visit about four million flowers to produce 1kg of honey.
- One beehive of honey bees can produce up to 150kg of honey per
- Worker bees produce about 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in their