Functions of the Parents’ Association
- Fundraise for the school to provide a safe secure environment for our children with up to date technology and facilities
- Organise after school activities for our children to provide them with additional opportunities to develop and enjoy themselves
- Assist the staff of the school as required when appropriate
- Act as a representative for the parents to communicate with the Board of Management
Ongoing and Upcoming Events
- Monthly meeting first Tuesday of every month @ 8.30pm.
What is the Parents’ Association?
St. Colman’s N.S. Parents Council, Cloyne, is a member of the National Parents Unit. The Parents / Guardians of all students attending the school are considered members of the Parents ASSOCIATION. The committee elected on the night of the AGM shall be called the St. Colman’s National School Parents COUNCIL. Members of the COUNCIL will be entitled to a vote on issues, which arise during the monthly / general meetings.
Please attend the AGM and register to become a member of the Parents Council. All parents / guardians of the Parents ASSOCIATION are welcome to attend the meetings, but will not have a vote unless registered as a member of the Parents COUNCIL.
If you cannot attend the AGM and wish to become a member of the Parents Council, please ask the school for a registration form, and return the form to the school in an envelope addressed to the “Parents Council”.
We also have a Parents Council Facebook page which is very active. If will keep you up to date on all events and information regarding the Parents Council.